OUR TERMS of SALE
1. Quantities are limited to stock on hand. Wines are sold on a first come first serve basis and after-hour email and phone orders will be taken into account at store opening the next day. Orders must be paid on confirmation of your order. Availability of all products is subject to phone and/or email confirmation. All email offers are valid for one week unless otherwise noted.
2. Alcoholic beverages may be sold and delivered only to persons who are at least 21 years old. In placing your order, you represent to us that you are at least 21 years old and that the person to whom the wine is sold and/or delivered is at least 21 years of age as of the date of order and sale.
3. Title and ownership of all wines and other products passes from The Wine Hotel to the purchaser in the state of California and the purchaser takes all responsibility for the shipping of it from The Wine Hotel, 5800 West Third Street, Los Angeles, California to the purchaser’s address. By facilitating transportation of the wine, The Wine Hotel is providing a service to, and acting on behalf of the purchaser. By utilizing this service from The Wine Hotel, the purchaser is representing that they are acting in a fashion compliant with their local and state laws regarding the purchase, transportation, and delivery of wine. The purchaser represents that they have obtained any required permission, paid any required fees or taxes, is working through properly licensed intermediaries where required, is legally entitled to take possession of wine and is legally entitled to take quantities ordered. The Wine Hotel only uses shippers that require the purchaser to provide proof of age at the time of delivery.
4. All sales are subject to CA sales tax of 8.75% regardless of destination in the USA or buyer’s legal residence.
5. The Wine Hotel is not responsible for any breakage or damage of wine sent by common carrier to any party or individual. WE MAKE NO REPRESENTATION TO THE LEGAL RIGHTS OF ANYONE TO SHIP OR IMPORT WINES INTO ANY STATE OUTSIDE CALIFORNIA.
6. The Wine Hotel prices do not include shipping, handling, insurance or foreign duties.
7. Futures/pre-arrival wine purchases are not available for immediate pick-up or delivery. We can provide only estimated arrival times for particular wines by phone: 323-937-9463.
OUR RETURN POLICY
We allow products to be returned only if the product is defective. By California State Law return of alcohol products can only be for exchange of the identical product or for store credit. There is no cash, check or credit card refunds under any circumstances. We reserve the right at our sole discretion to determine whether or not products are defective. All defective products must be returned to the Wine Hotel. Empty bottles of wine are never considered defective product.
We are committed to protecting your privacy. We only use the information you provide to process orders, communicate with you, and with your authorization communicate with third-party service providers such as credit card companies. The Wine Hotel takes reasonable steps to prevent disclosure of unauthorized information to anyone other than The Wine Hotel and its affiliates.
From time to time, we send out promotional e-mails. These e-mails are sent only to people who request to be on this e-mail list and are never sent to anyone who did not voluntarily subscribe to the e-mail list through our home page, Face Book, or in person. The information gathered through the e-mail list signup is not used for any other purpose than sending promotional e-mails. Any person who has signed up for this service and wishes to be removed from the program can delete themselves using information found in the promotional e-mails, or by sending us an e-mail requesting removal . We do not, under any circumstances, share any personally identifiable information about you with any other person, group, organization, or business entity unless required in the course of facilitating your authorized shipping instructions or under direction from appropriate law enforcement entities.
Private, personal information is collected from you when you place an order. This information collection is meant to protect us as the merchant and you as the consumer from fraud. We also use this information to properly process your credit card offline, ship your order, and communicate with you regarding your order. The information is gathered and kept securely offline, and is only used for these purposes.
Your order information is kept securely in case of problems that may arise at a later date regarding your order. We have appropriate security measures in place in our physical store to protect against the loss, misuse, or alteration of information that we have collected from you on our web site or in person. These measures include: 1) 24 hr. video surveillance using 15 cameras inside and outside our location; 2) 24 hr. armed alarm response by private security; 3) 24hr. alarm response in certain circumstances by LAPD; 4) protective measures not specified.